Sunday, January 15, 2012

Maybelline Color Tattoo

            These creme eyeshadows by Maybelline have been all the rage ever since they came out a couple weeks ago.  So of course I had to hop onto the band wagon and find out how good these actually are. 

Maybelline claims:
-Ink technology creates 24HR wear shadow for our most intense, long-lasting color saturation        
-Cream formula glides on without creasing and keeps color vibrant, smudge-proof, and crease-proof

There are 10 colors in the collection, but I decided to be practical and only get the neutral shades. I am pleasantly surprised with these since drugstore creme eyeshadows are notorious for being very sheer and crease like crazy.  There are rumors that these are better than MAC Paintpots.  I could never bring myself to pay the $17.50 price tag on a Paintpot but I was willing to pay $5.49 for the Color Tattoos.



Shades from left to right: Too Cool, Bold Gold, Bad to the Bronze, Pomegranate Punk, Tough as Taupe

3 comments:

  1. I've been hearing so much about these as well. I don't wear makeup at all, and especially never found eye makeup in particular to be appealing, but this makes me curious enough to want to try them out! You picked some gorgeous colors. I too prefer neutrals and understated colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really recommend them to anyone who is new to creme shadows. I think that the number one shade that beginners should get is the frosty white one (Too Cool). It's perfect for putting in the inner corner of the eye and below the brow bone. This brightens the eye, making you look more awake, and gives the illusion of a higher brow which does absolute wonders!

      Delete
  2. The techniques like highlighting make such an amazing difference! With using a white creme, it really does add that wide-eyed look, so great if you're a night owl like me and want to look refreshed and awake. I will definitely be picking up a few of these.

    ReplyDelete